As a new blogger, I am completely amazed and kind of shocked I have been nominated for the Liebster award!!! Sometimes it feels as if my blog isn’t reaching as many people as I would like or that not enough people notice me. Those are completely irrational and aren’t what blogging should be about. Regardless though I am honored to be nominated! The rules for the Liebster award are:
The rules are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
Eleven Facts About Me:
- I will be the first one in my immediate family to graduate college.
- I am in a serious, committed, long distance relationship with my very best friend.
- I am going to school at Washington State University for fashion design.
- I want to live on a beach and work in the active-wear / surf industry.
- I am a yoga instructor at my University’s gym, working on getting my 200hr RYT.
- My boyfriend and I founded the Washington State University meditation club.
- I have a passion for meeting new people, and truly finding a connection with them.
- I have a “list of trips” and want to stay at hostels or alternative housing all over the world.
- I have always had a love & appreciation for music and arts.
- Somehow, I’ve ended up collecting old classic rock and blues records.
- My passion is crafting. I prefer home-made items over store bought any day. But, that doesn’t mean I don’t love shopping!
Eleven Questions from Romeo:
- If you could have any name in the world, what would it be?
- Beach-side or river-side? This is a tough one! I grew up on both the river and the beach and I am not sure which one I would chose if I had to chose one forever. Each has a special, magical quality and is different in it’s own way. If I had to pick one for the rest of my life though I would have to go with the beach!
- Your favourite book becomes reality – which character are you, and who is your love interest?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? In five years I will have been out of college for three years. I hope that I will be working for Roxy, Billabong, etc, designing their clothes and maybe helping out on some of their surf projects. Right about this time is when I hope to be really starting to get ready to start my own business.
- You’re stuck on an island with a box – what’s inside the box? Shoot, this is hard! Did I bring the box or find it!? We’ll go with I brought it 🙂 Now, how big of a box are we talking!? I’d hope to have one picture of all the people I love, it’d make it easier to want to survive when stranded on an island. A book, whether it be a novel or a sketch book to help me stay entertained, and a few “survival musts.” Maybe a couple small granola bars for when I really need them, a lighter for starting fires, and a knife.
- If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be? If I could trade places with anyone it would be the man who hurt me worst. It took years to realize how bad he did hurt me, and I think I am still figuring it out. I would trade places with him to understand why he did what he did, I want to feel his guilt (if any), and see if he actually is a better person.
- Friends or family? Friends. Hands down. Family you are born into, they can be amazing but they can really suck too. You get to choose your friends. Friends can turn into family, but there is not reason to spend time loving and defending someone who doesn’t deserve it just because of blood ties.
- You have $100,000,000 to spend, and only 24 hours to do so… what do you spend it on?
- Do you regret your first kiss? My first kiss? No. It was a horribly awkward, quick “headband” more than a kiss, but I love that about it. It was so sweet, so innocent and so new. Neither of us really wanted it, we just felt it was the right thing to do at midnight on New Years Eve. It wasn’t a good kiss. I didn’t see fireworks and I didn’t want more, but it really made a perfect story of my first kiss.
- Have you ever been in love? Yes. I think I have “felt” in love. I think I have been in love with the idea of someone, and I have loved lots of people. But, I think for the first time in my life I am actually in love. There is a big difference in being in love with the idea of someone, loving someone, and truly being in love with someone.
- Is ignorance bliss? No. Ignorance can feel like bliss, but it’s not. It has taken me way too long to realize this, but bliss is being completely comfortable with where you are, who you are, where you’re headed, and having a full understanding of things going on in your life. Ignorance masks things, but knowing the truth, even when you may not want to, and finding comfort in whatever that truth may be, that is bliss.
11 Questions From Modern Rocker:
- Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or trade some looks for intelligence?
- Is there anything you wish would come back in fashion?
- If you could get a full scholarship to study anything, anywhere, what would you study and where would you go?
- What is the largest purchase you’ve ever made?
- Do you have a desire to travel? If so what places are top on your list?
- Do you believe in Fairies?
- Do you believe in God?
- What is your favorite time of the day and why?
- When you have just a moment of free time, how do you pass the time?
- If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
- What is your first memory of being really excited?